Title: Administration & Program Planner
Reporting To: Steveston Historical Society Board Chair / PO Supervisor & Site Coordinator
Status: Permanent Part-time of up to 30 hours per month
Pay: $22.00-$25.00 depending on experience
The Administration & Program Planner is responsible to plan, promote, budget and successfully deliver all public programs that support the Steveston Historical Society’s vision and mandate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare AGM (Annual General Meeting) documents and notices.
- Maintain and file all minutes from Executive Committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain the Society’s membership program.
- Forward any inquiries to the appropriate person as required.
- Oversee the Museum’s social media program including liaising with staff to build engaging content as well as content writing, editing and scheduling of posts.
- Maintain and update the website as required.
- Organize and prepare the Society’s newsletters for electronic distribution to the SHS
- Apply to professional, civic and private organizations for grant funding and sponsorship monies
as agreed upon.
- Apply to various levels of Government for funding as applicable and agreed.
- Oversee any temporary staff/volunteers as required for SHS programs and events.
- Represent the Steveston Historical Society on any external committees.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong digital expertise particularly with social media and web content management.
- Able to build relationships and successfully communicate with community stakeholders.
- Passionate about working with the all age groups of the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize competing demands and manage stressful situations with professionalism.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Prior experience with writing and preparing grant applications or a willingness to learn through
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant discipline such as Museum Studies or History is desirable.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Deadline is April 15, 2022